Subject: [Leica] IMG: Airplane ID?
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 14:45:35 -0500

The irony of the ac business is that there probably some parts in common
between an 18 and some king airs. The outer wing panels on some models of
king airs are outwardly identical to bonanza wings, although beefed up. It's
the nature of the business.

A major market for the king airs is for military utility use as transports
and super secret electronic spy planes. The turboprop is ideally suited to
slower speeds, long loiter times, and turboshaft engines are generally more
reliable and have longer TBO's that turbojets. The king air's pt-6 engines
are especially good.

If the beech 18 was sued as a light bomber, which I doubt, it would have
been limited to dropping grenades out of windows.