Subject: [Leica] The Fuji M-Adapter
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 19:40:40 -0700

Interesting Jay. I tested my X-E1 with the Fuji M Adapter and the 50
Summilux 1,4 ASPH today too. Makes for a 75mm. Here are 3 images with 100%
crops after each:
http://www.rgaphoto.com/Fuji/index.html

Though different from an M, I found the system completely workable. I'm
looking forward to using this combination on Sunday at SF's Carnival along
with the M9+Nocti. I'll carry a 35 to switch on the M9 if needed. It will
be interesting to see how it all works.

One thing I am unsure of, and perhaps others know the answer to, is if at
f1,4 there is greater depth of field on the Fuji's cropped sensor vs the M9
full sensor.

The Fuji M Adapter will only work with M mount lenses. It is quite solid
with no give or movement when an M lens is put on it. I think this is
critical. Another Bob, who is in one of the images, has an aftermarket
mount for his Nikons and there is quite a bit of "wobble".

BTW, I bought the X-E1 from the Leica dealer who has me on his M list. His
email to me said that the one of the primary requirements for getting an M
is patience...

Questions, comments, back and forth banter would be greatly appreciated,
Bob