Subject: [Leica] The Fuji M-Adapter
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 17:00:31 -0700

I was pleasantly surprised today after detailed testing of my M lenses
on the X-E1.
I also have a few flower shots to be posted later.
The adapter allows you to make in-camera adjustments for distortion,
peripheral illumination and color shading, as detailed here:
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/mount/fujifilm_m_mount_adapter/

None of my current lenses (list below) show any appreciable need for
correction in the camera.

I can say, in my case, that using M lenses on the Fuji bodies is great,
as long as your subject is not moving.
Landscape, controlled portraiture, and zone focused street work is doable.
Otherwise it is it difficult, mainly because with the 3x and 10x
magnifier makes the image dance considerably whilst handholding the camera.
I expect young and proper working eyes might be able to focus with the
non-magnified view, but alas, those days are gone for me...
Maybe it'll get better; a rangefinder it is not.
It is nice to have a 135 mm equivalent reach, and the system will
suffice for the occasional color shot that I come across.
I do plan on adding a Fuji 23 mm (for a 35 mm angle of view) lens when
it is released.

Lenses tested:
Elmarit-M 1:2.8/21mm ASPH.
Summicron-M 1:2/ 35 mm ASPH.
Elmar-M 1:2.8/ 50 mm
APO-Summicron-M 1:2/75 mm ASPH.
APO-Summicron-M 1:2/90 mm ASPH.

--
Jay,

Jay Burleson Gallery <http://jayburleson.com/leica/gallery/index.php/>
"A photographer is simply someone who is
looking for something that can't be found.
The photograph is the record of that attempt."

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] The Fuji M-Adapter)
Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] The Fuji M-Adapter)
Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] The Fuji M-Adapter)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] The Fuji M-Adapter)