Subject: [Leica] Mark's 5.6 and be there - Mark
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 17:04:08 -0400

The only format I shoot now is 24x36mm.

When I shot with my f1 Noctilux I shot with my M6's highest shutter speed,
100oth of a second for most of my shots. I was in f 1000th of a second and
be there mode. It was cool when I got to shoot at f1 but it was just not to
be always the case. I found the lens to be completely viable at any f stop
and able to be normally used like a normal lens as in 50mm.s

Obviously you don't spend that kind of money and carry that thing around if
you don't plan on using it at f1 much. But when you run  into an image in
front of you which needs more than a super thin sliver of information you
stop down and get more.

Its not clear to me if I do land a new M240 if the f1 is doable on it or
not. I'm thinking it would be.

On 5/19/13 4:57 PM, "Philippe Amard" <philippe.amard at sfr.fr> wrote:

> Mark wrote:  "Stopping down two "

It now all makes sense to me Mark thank
> you - being obsessive with "5.6 and be there" looked ridiculous for 2/3,
> (micro) 4/3, MF, and larger formats etc.
Also with such a collection of

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5360.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=nikon
> +5.6&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Especially when if you're aiming at DoF which, by
> essence, is highly sensor size AND FL sensitive.

Fortunately, auto ISO is
> on our side ;-)

Keep stopping down two :-)

Amiti?s
Philippe

Lew; I see
> from your bite at zewms that you still haven't passed your primes; keep
> clicking ;-)

Message du :