Subject: [Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 08:12:43 -0700

Frank,
I think it will.... eventually. Those with R glass should be thrilled,
though the results remain to be really seen (not glass optimized for
digital). Other 3rd party (and slowly, perhaps, Leica) will follow.
The issue I've read with the new M is that to preview the shutter is open.
To then capture, when you press the shutter release, the shutter closes
then opens again, introducing a delay (significant, I've read). Ok for
landscapers like me; not so good for decisive moment photographers.
I am curious as to how or if Fuji has figured this out.

Fuji has also implemented firmware that allows you to identify in the
camera 2 non-Fuji supported lenses and 4 Fuji-supported lenses (the only
supported lens chart I have found is here:
https://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/mount/fujifilm_m_mount_adapter/compatibility_chart/index.html

If it a Fuji adapter supported lens, there are built in adjustments for
distortion (barrel/pincushion), color separation and light falloff. This
information is passed in the metadata with the RAW file and can be read by
ACR/CaptureOne/Aperture (all accept the color separation unfortunately, but
this can be corrected in various 3rd party software if needed).
More/better info here:
https://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/mount/fujifilm_m_mount_adapter/
*Note that many Leica lenses are supported!* (I bold this because I believe
someone pointed out the *rules* of this list is for Leica camera
shooters...) I'm looking forward to seeing how the Nocti becomes an f/1
75mm portrait lens! Unfortunately I don't see the 75'lux ASPH on their
list; just teh 75'lux f/1.4. Hoping that's because the ASPH may not need
correction.

I only write this because I understand Ted is recovering and not
able/allowed much computer time; otherwise I can hear him exploding about
"KISS!!" "ALL THIS TECHIE CRAP. JUST GO OUT AND SHOOT!" :-)  That and,
while waiting for the camera to arrive, I'm doing too much reading...

Best,
Bob

--
Bob Adler