Subject: [Leica] Hitler and Creative Cloud
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 03:21:40 -0400

DOWNFALL was really a great film I remember seeing it in the theater as if
it was yesterday. Lots of examples people did the Bunker set piece the great
Alec Guinness a more notable case but Bruno Ganz really showed them all up
on Downfall.
It may get to be for a a film actor a variant of doing King Lear for a stage
actor.
I love it when the cast the usual suspects so they really look like the
guys. These guys really looked cartoonish enough even without putting in
extra comedic content. Hess, Goebbels,  Braun, Himmler,  Bormann they can
get to look Damon Runyon like.
With guys looking like that running a government that should have been a tip
off right there.

A list of 141 examples of  Adolf on film:
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0027857/

Notable examples:
Countdown to War (1989) (TV) Played by Ian McKellen
Tin Pan Alley Cats (1943) Played by Mel Blanc (as Hitler)
The Magic Face (1951) Played by Luther Adler
Is Paris Burning? (1966) Played by Billy Frick

The same unheard of actor seem to play him over and over again.
As maybe they look like him.
 Fritz Diez seemed to have played the role a hundred times as did Billy
Frick

To Be or Not to Be (1983) Played by Roy Goldman (as Hitler)
That's Adequate (1989) Played by Robert Vaughn (the man from uncle)
Full Frontal (2002) Played by Nicky Katt (as Hitler)
Jackboots on Whitehall (2010) Played by Alan Cumming (as Hitler)