Subject: [Leica] Winogrand exhibit
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:48:52 -0600

Jayanand wrote:
Most of the photographs really tell us next to nothing about her "white"
friends, and frankly look pretentious to me. I am totally underwhelmed. Not
my sort of book. YMMV.
===========================
That's OK, Jayanand -- I didn't order one for you. ;-)

I think this is the kind of essay that's intended to spark conversation on
the topic.  I've read a bit about her and her project and it made me
curious enough to get the book.  I grew up in the segregated deep south of
the US and have always been interested in racial stereotypes and how they
are disseminated and maintained.  Might not be of interest to everyone.

Also, I have a late-in-life BA in American Studies -- this project would
have been great fodder for a class discussion.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE