Subject: [Leica] Winograd exhibit
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:35:04 -0600

Lew Schwartz wrote:
I'm not sure I entirely understand Richards remarks. Winogrand never
represented himself to be a news photographer, although he undoubtedly took
assignments and was presented to the public under that rubric. I've always
thought of him as highly critical of the society he photographed. His
omissions may be a form of approval.

You could even argue that his body of work represents an extended essay on
whiteness in America.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE