Subject: [Leica] Memory cards for M8
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 08:04:35 +1000

I have always used genuine Sandisk cards without problems. I suggest that
4GB is plenty as you will likely need to change the battery about the same
time. The M8 and M9 are not fast cameras to write to the cards although
card speed may assist when transferring to your computer. I suggest buying
Class 10 cards will be fine for your purposes.
I agree with the other posters on using a card reader rather than USB
transfer direct from camera and not interchanging cards amongst different
cameras. I format mine just once when first used and use delete all in
camera after making more than one copy out of camera.

*If you want to take more interesting pictures,
stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman