Subject: [Leica] Memory cards for M8
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:51:37 -0500

I have had experience with a variety of brands, but whenever possible, I try
to get Lexar or SanDisk. I have also had excellent experience with Fuji,
Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba and Kodak cards, and have not had a failure with
PNY or Kingston. As a matter of fact, the only card crash I have ever had
was with a super low end SanDisk SD card. I am not too particular about
speed, and since I almost never shoot long bursts (the M9 has never been set
on continuous, and the Nikons only two or three times) and I have never had
a too slow card problem. I generally buy smaller cards as I don't ever store
more photos on a card than I'm willing to lose, and I fine it advantageous
to stock up when a card capacity is about to become obsolete. Recently I've
been picking up some 4 and 8 gig SD cards at a good price. I can't imagine I
will ever use anything large than an 8 gig card, unless I hit the powerball
and get a D800e. Fat chance of that, though.