Subject: [Leica] In the garden
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:50:26 +0100

Hi there.

When I bought my M-9 (brand new) about a year ago, I immediately saw there
was slight difference when focussing to infinity with all the Leica M
lenses I've got.
I didn't faint or become sleepless because 2 friends, both experienced
(Leica) photographers and reliable contacts, told me they experienced the
same phenomenon.
But none of us had a similar problem with our other M (film) camera's.

Being questionned from several sides the Leica distributor after some
hesitations told us;
1 This was cit.;; "...no sign of bad functionning but..... a slight
difference of no importance....",
2 This was due to cit; " a change of standards and in new corrections in
the final tuning of Leica M since the M-8 and 9 cameras and (mostly
aspheric) new Leica M lenses".
3 The main cause being a cit; ".....slight difference in focusing distance
between lens/film surface and the digital captor...".
4 And also cit.; "....It's of no real importance when taking pictures with
either digital or film cameras....".

I give you this as I heard it and never checked it with the factory in
Solms.
In fact I have undergone several major surgical interventions for my back
over the last 6 years and spent a lot of time with revalidation and
retraining . For short I'm happy I can walk again and I am satisfied with
the enlargements (going from 13x18 cm to 30x40cm) that come back from my
lab.

I received an invitation to go Solms recently and if  I can go there I will
certainly ask them the question. I'll let you know. So don't shoot at the
pianist.

BTW for those who have (a) dead DMR batterie(s), Don't throw them away,
I'll try to find a solution before going for a DMR.

Regards and have a good Easter W-E,

Cedric