Subject: [Leica] My first 4x5!
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:00:18 +0100

I have had no experience with T-Max films (from Kodak) up to now, but
I learned from good sources these more modern emulsions are totally
differend. They were discovered almost by chance by Kodak in their
better days when they tried to improve definition in color film and at
the same time use less silver. Believe it or not they succeeded and
applied this technology to B&W films. The silverhalide grains are so
to say like flatstones. Not only their physical but also their
chemical characteristics are totally differend. You cannot "push" them
the normal way etc.

I will see myself sooner or later, but I haven't made tests yet.
Collegues Pro Photographers seem to be a bit reluctant towards these
films and moved towards Illford classic B&W films.

Regards

Cedric