Subject: [Leica] had a lens fall off myLeica M4-P
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:10:59 -0500

I dunno, but maybe you could talk to DAG about installing the M6 type lock
on the camera.  I don't know if it would be possible or how expensive.

I had the same problem with an M4-2, in fact every time I pass a church in
Covington Louisiana, I remember the time I fumbled a 21mm lens as it fell
out of the mount right onto the front step.

That was thirty years ago and I still shiver over it.

The M4-2 has the same unguarded button.   Glad you were able to catch your
lens. I was not so lucky.