Subject: [Leica] Leica 75mm Summilux vs 80mm Summilux-R?
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:58:23 +0100

I am a Leica R and Leica-M afficionado, but I must be honnest with you
and say I don't know these 2 lenses because I never had and never used
them. But results in good hands seem wonderfull with both.
In general I prefer the Summicron glass at most because of risks of
depth of field problems with tele's and...... the pricetag.

But consider this; I hope we will ever see another Leica R camera, but
some folks at Solms (a young lady) solemny said no.
On the other hand you have Leica M lense(s), at least a Summilux M
75mm, and we see a whole new generation of digital Leica M's etc.
coming.

I love both systhems, but if you absolutely want to get rid of one of
both lenses, be logic keep the M version. You will go a long way with
it and the future of the R-systhem is uncertain.

Good luck,

Cedric