Subject: [Leica] IMG: General Tire
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:06:22 -0800

Hi Tina my dear Lady.

OK HERE I GO AGAIN ABOUT THIS BOKEH STUFF! :-) :-)

Never mind the back ground in this photo! who cares????? Look at the
strength content of the face!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a tad bit of burning down all around the sides done well and the
"brightness factor" may not be as distracting?" But it's the face that
matters.

Maybe I'm the one who's crazy here, but I rarely ever did... unless it was
so blatantly obvious did I ever pay much attention to backgrounds other than
things sticking out of heads or quite an obvious "shape or object more
powerful than the main content of the photograph creating a distraction!"
Then it was corrected or the frame  went into file 13 off the Light table!

And as I've repeated myself several times! I never knew what the heck the
word bokeh meant? Still really don't!  Let alone ever recall reading
anything about it until I hit the "funny pages on the LUG!"

I suppose that answers my own question? I never read much about photography
simply because I was always far to busy taking photographs and having
fun??????? Being paid for it and sent about the world having a great time!
But no one ever said to me..... "Gee Ted there's a lot of bokeh in your
photos!"  during my 60 plus years shooting. I suppose somewhere in the
National Archives Collection of 380,000 images there must be one or two? ;-)
;-) But do you know what? If nobody has found or said anything about it in
my photographs to date?   I'm not going to start looking for them at this
late time in my life. :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted