Subject: [Leica] Another from the Museum: the Xerox Alto Computer
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 09:36:14 -0800

No touch ANYTHING!

When I was working at cataloging artifacts, the rule was that they could be
handled only when wearing white cotton gloves. Also, museums are so paranoid
about contamination that might shorten the life of an artifact that we were
not allowed to launder the gloves lest we use a "dangerous" detergent. We
had to return the soiled gloves, and the Museum would launder them safely.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204