Subject: [Leica] Canon doesn't quite see it like Mark
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 05:42:44 -0800 (PST)

My feeling is that the photographer makes the photo.
The camera is a tool.

It is possible to take really horrible photos with a great camera
(anyone who has seen my work can attest to that)
and it is possible to take really great photos with a horrible camera
(Leica execs hope no one really believes that).

What Leica execs don't have to worry about is how their lenses stack up
against other companies'. ?Leica lenses are noticeably better, as I'm sure
many
of you agree.?

I found I noticed this when I used other camera makers' equipment. Leica
wide-angle lenses, for example,?
just looked better edge to edge.?

There is some irony in writing this because I often darken the corners of my
photos.?
What a shame. Leica engineers go to great lengths to minimize distortion and
fringing problems

and I turn around and undo some of their work by imposing vignetting.?

Cheers--Doug