Subject: [Leica] Geoff escapes Brisbane
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:15:27 +1000

All hoppies and dogs fine,  my flight is not cancelled thus far and my
Leica stuff is safe with me in sunny Melbourne. Don't laugh too hard, the
flood water is not expected closer than 500m from my house this week and
more than 100mm of rain in a couple of hours has mainly stayed outside.
With luck some of it is falling on the bushfires. I won't have to top up
the pool for weeks... but the gusting winds supposedly hit 160kmh and
somehow sneaked past the garage roller door to drop the ceiling onto my
wife's car. I think the vehicle is just a bit dusty, a short spell outside
will rinse it off. No need for us to pull down the recently hail ventilated
window awnings now either.  That's  convenient. Alastair, do keep an eye
out for them will you? I think they are still heading south.