Subject: [Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:55:55 +0100
References: <5845177.1358980641916.JavaMail.root@mswamui-cedar.atl.sa.earthlink.net> <006601cdfb43$fdc63b60$f952b220$@NelonAssociates.com> <66198DE2-6ED8-4D3A-8920-8F8EB7942C5B@btinternet.com> <CAH1UNJ0HnMQ3TD-KTArq3=iQwfCGvVV7cwKYn4GEoinaEyP0YQ@mail.gmail.com> <008a01cdfb71$57c24c80$0746e580$@NelonAssociates.com> <BLU0-SMTP54FF8FDCDB1E1F081EE4578C1A0@phx.gbl> <CABNC8SqcxWCCcLAx31HThNfhbG3XYnQZBEghbzn4fDoPAj8SyQ@mail.gmail.com>

Frank Filipone gives an interesting answer to the other side of the
same problem.
Can Leica Solms do it? Probably not, but in fact it is their product
i.e. responsability.

Could IMACON do it? Most certainly yes. Will they do it? I have a lot
of doubts about it.
Could it be that they don't care about it? You'll never guess what I
think about it.
Could they go to the Courts? Probably yes, but remember the Kodak/Polaroid
saga.
In the end they both made a belly landing.

There seems to be a guy, or company, in England who can repair and
even restore Leicas.
I even  heard someone in that country, may be the same people, can fix
DMR's. Scan your favourite Internet sites and  keep us informed.

Let's also send letters to Leica and IMACON (or E-mails), it's
cheaper. The more the better.

Cedric Agie
cedric.agie at gmail.com