Subject: [Leica] Canon WX260 demonstration
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:07:21 -0800

Well, as far as producing usable DNG's this CHDK stuff is pure crap. It must
do something sloppy in converting to DNG, because there are various
artifacts thrown into the picture: 1) a grain that looks like noise, but
ain't touched by LR4's noise reducer, 2) a test shot on a decorated shower
curtain came up with yellow splotches that are neither on the curtain nor on
the jpg. I tried having it produce RAW instead of dng, but LR does not
recognize the RAW put out by the hack.

So, I'll just enjoy the toy as is. Gotta be a hell of a lot better than the
camera in iPhone 5.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204