Subject: [Leica] FS: DVD: Henri Cartier-Bresson. NOW AN ANSWER FOR LLUIS! r
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:28:13 -0800

Lluis Ripoll OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: DVD: Henri Cartier-Bresson The Impassioned
Eye(2003), een film van Heinz Butler

"Dear Ted, buenos dias querido amigo!
Has Leica any rough idea about your 380,000 images 99,99% with a Leica?
I hope Leica gives you an special edition Leica MM "Dr. Ted Grant" and you
come with it to Barcelona to the big meeting!<<<<<<<

Dear Lluis, buenos dias querido amigo!
No Luis, Leica don't do that for unknown photographers to them. Although
they surely know who I am been there a few times while on assignments in
Europe! Nor regardless of how many photographs your government's National
Archives' and National Art Gallery have in their photographic collections.
Even the largest in the history of your country? Or books you've had
published and acclaimed by many many reviewers and subjects as the subject
of the books.

Nor my years of lecturing to professional photographer associations, schools
and camera clubs all over the country. And at each, espousing the greatness
of the Leica camera never ended simply because that's the equipment that
allowed me to become the very fortunate lucky photojournalist I am!

Even when you are the Lead Speaker for 16 years in Cape Cod for the Leica
International Seminar! Where my lectures drew such demand each year until
people had to be turned away because there wasn't teaching room for more
than a 90 bodies.

 Oh they do give them to German's, American's, sport heros, Hip Hop so
called singers! And free cameras to movie stars because they're movie stars!

Give them to trust worthy hard working published international photographers
for over half a century because the camera is the best tool on the market in
carrying out thousands of assignments for many publications or books? Nope!

Got a used slide projector one time when Leica closed the LEICA CANADA
opertion in Toronto. But only because one of the senior people told the
staff person I had a projector on loan and it should be returned! It was
already a loaner that had the hell beat out of it shipped all over the
country as a sample.

But the VIP was convinced they should let me keep it as I was such a loyal
and trustworthy Leica user. Besides it was really in junk condition and
they'd only scrap it if I returned it! So that was my one big free reward
after 60 years of "ALWAYS BUYING ALL MY LEICA GEAR!"

A free MM???? Whatever you do, do not hold your breathe my friend it ain't
going to happen!!
cheers,
Dr. ted

Cheers