Subject: [Leica] Fuji X series
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:38:37 +0530

Doug,
I really do not understand this categorization of lenses. Superb/Best
lenses for what use? Different uses require different tools - there is no
absolute. The best lens in the world is useless and worthless if it does
not get used...and I find for most of our casual use wandering the streets
or whatever, and posting tiny JPGs on the net, any plastic kit lens from
any manufacturer will deliver just fine, as would any self respecting
camera phone on the market today! I would not know what to do with a Leica
S2, so I do not buy it, that is all, however brilliant the system is on a
test bed. It just boils down to acquiring gear to suit your needs in your
vision of photography. But finally that gear has to get used, not kept in
an alcove and prayed to daily! (-:
Cheers
Jayanand