Subject: [Leica] Famous Parent-Child Artists in different media?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 23:06:38 +0530

Indian classical music is replete with families carrying on the art through
a few generations, and Father/Son maestros are very common. One such
family, the Dagars, can trace their ancestry in an unbroken line of master
musicians.

http://www.dhrupad.info/maestros.htm

This is basically the way classical music is taught here - the student
moves into the teachers house from a very early age and lives very much as
a part of the teachers family, so it is no surprise that the children of
the family also slip into the learning process early on. I would say rather
than Ravi Shankar/Norah Jones, Ravi Shankar's guru and first father in law
Ustad Allauddin Khan and his son Ali Akbar Khan as well as his daughter
Annapurna Devi (first wife of Ravi Shankar) would be a fitting example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allauddin_Khan

There are too many families like this to even begin to list.

One US example that comes to mind is Floyd Crosby and David Crosby, but I
doubt whether it is at the Renoir's level.

Cheers
Jayanand