Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Ageless DC-3
From: JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:21:05 -0500

Bill,

There is a back story on the Canaima trip: I was leaning well through the
left seat pilot while he was banking the plane so everyone could get a
better view as he made several circles of the falls. I was essentially in
his lap pushing my R3 out the open left-side window to try to get a clear
shot of the falls. On the way back, the third pilot on the flight went up
and took over the controls while the captain came back behind the cockpit,
sat on a stack of beer cases and had a few brews during the 2-something hour
boring return flight. I was watching the left seat as he was flying the
plane, and after a while, his head never moved again. He had fallen asleep.
When we got close to Barcelona, the captain finished his beer,  returned to
the left seat, tapped the sleeping pilot, took his place and landed the
plane. Quite an interesting trip. No one died.

Jim

James R. Nelon
Partner
Memories Forever Studios
Office: +1-508-319-1679
Cell: +1-508-308-6525
Email: JNelon at Memories-Forever-Studios.com
Website: http://Memories-Forever-Studios.com