Subject: [Leica] The Sea never ends
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 13:19:21 -0800

George Lottermoser OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] The Sea never ends
> On Dec 20, 2012, at 1:49 PM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:
>
>> Well I did........... "25 rolls of 36 exposure Kodachrome later I figured
>> I should stop!!!" :-) It was like being affected by a drug as each wave
>> crashed ashore. I swore it was better than the last! So it was "CLICK,
>> CLICK - CLICK" adinfinitum!
>
> I did the same thing on the beach of Zihuatanejo, Mexico in 1975.
> I was so excited about those frames.
> Back on the light table
> with the loupe
> I found nothing.
> Nada. Not one frame worth another look.
> I've tried several times on Lake Michigan;
> and various Southern California beaches;
> Again - nothing to write home about.<<<<<<<<<<<

And yes George without question about 99% of the images, "although not bad"
were dumped in my case also!

I believe a number of those dumped were dumped because they didn't have the
roar of the wind, the "real life" of feeling it in the air as it was
actually happening! The waves breaking over the rocks and coastline that
gave them the "imagined beauty of the moment and the spray in our faces!"
"CLICK!"

"WE?" Well most photographers? Have a special set of emotions others do not
feel, that's why quite often when a moment of waves and shore, crashing
loudly with the wind in our faces, feel a beauty of the moment many others
do not!  "So we, "CLICK!"

Take the sounds and effect of the wind away and unfortunately we merely have
collection of waves! :-)

But then when it all comes together at just the right moment? Damn they are
just magical as we see here of Marc's!

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] The Sea never ends)