Subject: [Leica] The Sea never ends
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:49:48 -0800

Marc Dufour SHOWED:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Marc/The+Sea+never+ends/  <<<<<

Bon jour Marc,
Shooting waves at ocean or huge lakes shores when the wind and high tide
have built huge waves as we see here so beautifully captured. Once one
begins shooting such as you have here, it can become mesmerizing and you see
each almost as a living moment better than the one before. So shoot again!
:-)

Many years ago I was on assignment shooting tourist scenes around Lake
Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes of Canada.One day a wind storm came
up  and the waves were magnificent!  I thought, "Oh beauty, gotta have some
of those!" :-)

Well I did........... "25 rolls of 36 exposure Kodachrome later I figured I
should stop!!!" :-) It was like being affected by a drug as each wave
crashed ashore. I swore it was better than the last! So it was "CLICK,
CLICK - CLICK" adinfinitum!  The light changed, unfortunately and took the
magic of highlights away so much, it lost the visual impact. :-(

I was glad it wasn't me who did the editing on that shoot. :-) The wonderful
days of clients who wanted perfection and cost was meaningless! :-)

Yours are beautitiful.  Merci!

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] The Sea never ends)