Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder focusing limit
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 19:17:20 -0500

I think its has to do with the physical limits of the rangefinder design.
There are ways around it, like the system used on the Dual-Range
Summicron, and some other RF lenses have been made that focus closer, but
without rangefinder coupling at the closest distances.

I didn't know the Mamiya 6/7 could only focus to 6 feet. I think that's
just the 150mm lens, the other lenses focused to 3 feet.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook