Subject: [Leica] T.Nagar
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 17:50:14 +0100

Hi Jayanand,

thanks for the honest response.

T be honest in return, I checked my intuition thanks to the exif - I
often do after viewing large - sometimes I am wrong but I am willing
to learn :-)
My last blatant mistake was Steve's BW photo with a character walking
up a path.  The DoF was so shallow at that distance that I thought it
must be a crop of a nocti shot - it wasn't - longer lens at 1.4 he
told me off-list - but I learnt that Steve had that lens and as it
fits my camera, it is now on my wish list too, next to your 24-85 :-)

I understand your point about perspective, no fear :-)
However, does perspective matter when the subject is fine?
The general geometry and balance of the image does, I agree.
But distortion, levelling, etc HCB didn't care about from what I see.
It is not one of my main concern for street photography.

And of course hunting in a pack doesn't help, except when the fellow
photogs act as distractors, decoys, or preys ;-).

I didn't mean to offend you at all, but I sense a possibility for you
that you haven't explored yet, awkwardly expressed I must admit, my
apologies.

Thanks again for the beautiful photos you share with us.

Amiti?s
Philippe

Le 10 d?c. 12 ? 17:37, Jayanand Govindaraj a ?crit :