Subject: [Leica] Even Scott Bourne is looking at OM-D
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 16:36:14 -0500

I meant lets see Sonny's 16mm's Don your thread got high jacked as they
always do.
I don't find the idea of shooting smaller formats than full frame
objectionable. I just think that if a camera is going to have a smaller
frame than 24x36 it should be a smaller camera body to reflect that.
Otherwise what's the point? More on a roll? There is no roll.
Many 1.5 crop camera DSLR systems are half the size and bulk of the key full
frames. Its just that the 2x crop systems are not at all smaller than that.
And I'd like to see them be half again.
I think a 2x crop micro 4/3's camera should be able to fit in your pocket.
Like Sonny's 16mm.

By the way plenty of family albums were primarily taken with a Rolleiflex or
a medium format folder or a Brownie.
Brownie film; medium format film is plenty appropriate for amateur use.
Often the "snapshots" you got back from the drugstore were contact prints.
I'm talking decades gone by.

Its ironic medium format format is not considered to be a top studio thing
as at least film wise it was always a place for snap shot talking by
everybody. A hasselblad seems like more of a pro camera and is but its the
same size as a Rolleiflex twin lens. Same bulk and weight. And I know
amateurs who've bought them for around the house work. I met another one in
Mohonk last week a lady I had lunch with.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography