Subject: [Leica] GOOGLE PHOTO USE???????????????? SUE THEM?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:07:42 -0500

Ted,

You can contact Google and ask them to remove your photos from the site
where the kid found it.  Google is pretty good about protecting copyright
if you confirm that the site does not have permission to post your
copyright protected photo.  This has just been discussed recently on ASMP
websites and photographers have gotten their photos removed by Google.

In the USA, in order to sue, you have to have registered the photo with the
copyright office before publication, but I'm not sure how that works in
Canada.

Most of the ASMP members think that it's not worth going after casual
offenders and that the extra exposure offered by a Google search is worth
any student copying the photo as a print.  Commercial use would be an
entirely different matter!

Good luck!

Tina

--