Subject: [Leica] Fuji X 100 versus Leica M9
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (Jon Streeter)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 18:27:22 -0800

Here's an interesting concept that may bring down the cost of lenses:
http://christopherolah.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/lensesohj.pdf
Of course, this is just an experiment that produced a low-quality prototype.
But pair 3D printing with some serious financial backing and supercomputers
working out the lens formulae, and....
Imagine a Noctilux for fifty bucks.  According to Diamandis in ABUNDANCE,
the value of the freebies such as scientific calculator, GPS, digital
camera, et cetera, on a smartphone would cost over $900,000 (900 thousand
dollars) at their original prices.