Subject: [Leica] IT WAS A TIME! :-) A DECADE OF PHOTO FUN! IT WAS NEVERWORK! :-)
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 18:22:01 -0800

Ikenardly Waite!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Subject: [Leica] IT WAS A TIME! :-) A DECADE OF PHOTO FUN! IT WAS
NEVERWORK! :-)
Date: Sun, Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Mark Kronquist ASKED?:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IT WAS A TIME! :-) A DECADE OF PHOTO FUN! IT WAS
NEVERWORK! :-)

> There is a book about you and other Canadian photogs...
> On Nov 25, 2012, at 10:01 AM, <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:

Hi Mark,
No ! This is a book I am working on about my life as a photojournalist
during 60 years experience that isn't over yet! :-) Mine are anecdotes, how
to's, and what not to do! I have several hundred short stories and anecdotes
already written.  A few I've posted on the LUG. It's just a matter of
assembling them with pictures. These things aren't done over night.  As I'm
learning. :-)

However. There is another contracted book biography by an author who has
been interviewing me on and off since February. She has also travelled to
parts of Canada for personal interviews with people I have been on
assignment with or assigned to cover their activities. (like past Prime
Ministers'.) It's being written about my wild wild life as a "leading
Canadian photojournalist who went quietly about his life unknown to most! "

However creating the largest collection of photographs in the Canadian
National Archives:  "280,000 images!" :-)  Plus another 100,000 in the
National Gallery of Canada. It's the largest collection of images by a
single photographer in the history of Canada, 380,000! So somebody thought
it might make an interesting book? :-)

It will be released 2013 Christmas book sales, probably in September or
October. I understand she has about 15 thousand words written and the
finished book will be in the range of 50,000 to 55,000 words! I'm glad I'm
the subject, not having to write it! :-)

In any event an interesting life experience to add to the list! Her book
will be available this time next year 2013. Mine, "how to and don't?" I hope
by summer? :-) Will let you know. :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)