Subject: [Leica] Olympus XA (OT)
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:59:17 -0800

I'm still holding out for a wearable and unnoticeable camera that records
everything I see in such detail that I can adjust depth of field, exposure,
composition, shutter speed, et cetera, after the fact.  I mean as Kertesz
said: "The best ones get away."
My favorite little camera back in the '70s was my Olympus 35-RD.  I think it
had a 38mm or 43mm (something to me unusual) which I really liked because it
wasn't as restrictive as a 50 but not so indiscriminate as a 35.  And it had
an aperture-preferred setting which I loved because using a meter was so
cumbersome for me, and I was able to get shots I'd have missed with my
purely mechanical cameras.
However, the rangefinder was a bit dim and mechanically delicate.  It broke
twice, once just before I was about to leave to my family reunion which I
wound up shooting with a Polaroid 195.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone