Subject: [Leica] Coded Flange replacements....
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:23:04 -0800

I think it's possible that concentrating on tech stuff can detract from the
experience of being in the moment, but, since anything's possible, it can
also add to that experience.  I see nothing wrong with following one's
interests.

Socrates worried that learning to read would diminish his students' ability
to rely on their memories.  Advocates of the printed word on paper express
concerns about the younger generation forgetting how to read and write.  On
the other hand, humans are intensely visual -- vision has been called "the
queen of the senses" -- so perhaps we're evolving or raising our collective
level of consciousness while our ability to distinguish hyphens from dashes
goes by the wayside.

F/64 on a tripod or F/0.95 handheld, it's all valid.  There is room in my
universe for competing and contrary philosophies.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone