Subject: [Leica] Coded Flange replacements....
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:23:09 +1030

There is no issue of being able to change the flange yourself or if
all 6 screws are absolutely required (they are not), it's just that if
you change the flange yourself the only way you have of checking if
the focus is still correct is to shoot, and this requires a lot of
careful testing at different distances and apertures, and if there is
a problem it is well beyond the capability of most people to fix it
themselves.

Marty