Subject: [Leica] Coded Flange replacements....
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:24:39 -0800

Recently there was some discussion about replacing older Leica lenses with
flanges that have pre-divoted indentations for 6 bit coding..

I stated there were 5 and 6 hole patterns. I need to make further
clarification..

There ARE 6 screws in Leica M lenses.  However, there are 2 hole patterns.
One of the patterns allows for the replacement flange to be fitted and use
all 6 screws.  The other pattern, has a screw right where the 6 bit codes
are.. So upon replacement, only 5 screws are used.

I do not know what Leica does about this dilemma, but for us mere mortals,
it means there are 2 different flanges to choose from.

To make this easier to understand, look at this EBay ad..  USA #360389035614
where both screw patterns are shown, and you can pick for yourself which
flange you will need...

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Coded Flange replacements....)