Subject: [Leica] Art
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 03:15:48 -0500

I agree with your bitterness over expensive dead sharks, but I have to
disagree with your statement about "by the fact it has to have a name".
That is plain wrong. All forms of photography have names, and always have.
Commercial Photography, Portrait Photography, Photojournalism, Fashion
Photography, Architectural Photography, Astrophotography, Wildlife
Photography....I could go on and on. The notion, which I see repeated
often on web forums, that fine art photography is somehow a fraud because
it "Has a name" is simply a lie, designed to defame those who do
photography as art and devalue that work.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook