Subject: [Leica] FS: Nikon S2 with Helios-103
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:37:16 -0500

I'm still trying to sell my Nikon S2 with a Helios-103 that was
properly adjusted for the Leica/Nikon back-focus with my old M9 (on an
Amedeo adapter) a few months ago while I still had it. The pair make
good photos and I still have my SP but considering all the changes I'm
going to be making, I may be sacrificing a few of those lenses but
hopefully not the body.

S2 is in very good condition. The front plate has three VERY small dents
on it. Two of them are on the far right of the camera at the edge near
the focusing wheel. The other very slight dent is on the rangefinder
patch window edge. It's a slightly raised frame looking thing and the
dent is just in the edge of it. All are purely cosmetics. Bottom plate
has bright marks from a tripod plate.

Shutter is in excellent condition and from my recent trip in Colorado,
it seems to be very close, if not spot on with regard to speed
accuracy. Shutter blinds and straps are in excellent condition. No
holes or ragged edges.

The viewfinder is stunning. Bright RF patch. Bright VF window. Better
than my SP definitely. The 50mm etched reverse-Galilean brightline is
in great condition and projects a very bright frame for composition. RF
is very accurate as well.

The body is quite clean and the vinyl leatherette covering is in
excellent condition with no tears or peeling.

The Helios-103 is a 53mm f/1.8 lens in the Zeiss Contax / Nikon RF
mount. As mentioned, it has been adjusted for proper focus with the
Nikon. I bought it new old stock and it is a fine performer, even when
put up against MUCH more expensive and precise glass (namely a very
recent 50mm Summicron.)
I'm throwing the Helios in with the S2 body so the buyer can hit the
ground running and take the camera out to shoot immediately.

Sad to see it go but now this is going to help with my move to
Vancouver, Washington. (Unless east coast employment appears, in which
case I'll be heading back where I want to be.)

I'm asking $450 for the body and lens which includes shipping in
CONUS.

Thanks all!

Phil Forrest

--