Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cattle Egret
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:09:30 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Now that the winter rains have begun and water is available, one of the main
pools at the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge is being flooded for
wintering waterfowl.  The rising water level is driving terrestrial prey to
higher ground and a flock of Cattle Egrets is taking advantage of the easy
pickings (more photos to come).

I welcome suggestions for cropping this photo: ordinarily I don't crop
skinnier than 2:3 proportions but I will if the photo news it.  What say
you?  Crop more from the top?

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/L1730331.jpg

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R, shoulder stock.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Cattle Egret)