Subject: [Leica] IMG: Red-tailed Hawk
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:04:08 -0500 (EST)

Yesterday while photographing Snow Geese an immature Red-tailed Hawk landed
on a sign post no more than 25' from the car.  Trying not to think about
whether I had packed any spare underwear I made a few grab shots then while
changing to something shorter than 560mm a doofus pulled his car up and
flushed the hawk.  He then pulled alongside my car and told me how he'd
gotten a great action shot of the hawk (as it was fleeing), then then next
words out of his mouth were "what are you shooting with?"

This was one of the very few times I wished I had been shooting with
something non-photographic, but for some reason I restrained myself and
responded "a camera".  I forgot to add "dammit".  Him: "A 1D4?"

My question: why do the biggest jerks have big white lenses?

Oh yeah, my photo:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/rthawk13.html

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R+2x APO-Extender-R, shoulder
stock.  All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com