Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bench View for Sonny
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 00:09:43 -0800

This was the final sunset of our vacation; we came home today.
Sonny suggested that, for the photo where I whistled people off the bench
that perhaps I should have included them, so this is for him:
http://rgaphoto.com/Kauai/content/Beach_House_BenchBW_large.html

I also took Tina's advice and asked if they would be my "props" in the
photo. Did it in such a way that they had fun. Told them that the story was
they were on their second honeymoon, and anyone who came to sit next to
them had to be told that I was their photographer and could they please
have the bench to themselves for the shoot. Worked like a charm. A bit
later I also told them that they had to snuggle up, put an arm around each
other and lean toward each other or the photo would not be romantic. Though
I didn't get a good shot (too many people) with them like this, I think
they had forgotten that this is what a sunset in Hawaii should be for. I
hope their evening was better for it.

However, as the sun went further down, hordes of people came on. My final
images must have had 15 people sitting on either side of the bench. But at
least I got this off.
And just to ensure full disclosure, I do have another bench photo with
folks in it:
http://www.rgaphoto.com/benches/content/TreeSunset2MASTER_large.html

Aloha Kauai,
Bob