Subject: [Leica] Lincoln's recital
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 18:28:27 -0800

LOVE this story!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Ken Carney" <kcarney1 at cox.net>
To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug at leica-users.org>
Date: Tue, Nov 6, 2012 5:56 pm

Life is full of surprises.  My wife and I were at a dinner party with
"strolling gypsy violinists".  Everyone thought they were neat, but I was in
a not-good mood and, as they say, would rather have poured some gasoline
down my pants and set my privates on fire. Anyhoo, one of the ladies walked
by and asked for any requests.  I said, sure, the Chaconne from the Bach
Partita 2 would be great.  My wife gave me an elbow to the ribs I could feel
for weeks, but she said, great, that is one of my favorites too.  So, for
about 14 minutes we heard a great performance of the Chaconne.  All
conversation ceased, and about 70 people were listening intently.  Turns out
the strolling gypsies were all students from OCU, highly talented ones at
that.  She finished and asked if we would like anything else - everyone was
after me for a selection so I asked for "Love For Three Oranges".  What a
night and probably a record for gratuities for this young lady.  I hope she
had a great career.  I can barely play the hi-fi so I stand in awe of  these
artists.

Ken