Subject: [Leica] M8 craps out
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:14:08 -0700

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 07:02:09 +1000
From: Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] M8 craps out
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

I will almost certainly get the new M once they are both available and
proven to actually do more for me than my M9.
If using R lenses was my primary goal, I think I would follow Howard's
route which is to adapt those lenses with the Leitax kits and use them on a
full frame Nikon.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Geoff,
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
As all know, I have been shooting EVF's on my GH2s in India (tigers with
Jayanand)
and Africa (all sorts of wild life with Henning, Alastair, and Jayanand) and
basis
those experiences (the EVF on the GH2 and the Olympus attachable EVF have a
similar number of dots)
I believe the best platform for Leica R lenses is a camera with an old
fashioned bright prism with no
smearing or delay in viewing the image. Especially since there will be no
auto aperture for Leica R
lenses using the adapter on the new M. There is no auto aperture on my D800E
either but the
picture is certainly clear and focus confirmation works in a more or less
reasonable way.
So, that's the road I have chosen. And so my R lenses continue to sing!!
Howard

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 craps out)