Subject: [Leica] PESO: Do not
From: bjq1 at mac.com (bjq1 at mac.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:26:34 +0000 (GMT)

I want to tell you about my Uncle Barney. Actually my Great Uncle Barney. I
am proud to be named after him. He was an Army Chaplain during World War I.
Rather than live in relative comfort behind the lines he insisted in being
in the trenches with his men. He was gassed twice by the Germans. He was
told as a result that he would probably develop and die from cancer, He did.

He founded the first church for Black Catholics in the United States. In
Brooklyn. He also founded an orphanage for Black Children in Wading River,
NY. It was burned down twice by the KKK. I still remember the stories my Dad
and my Uncles told me about helping Uncle Barney rebuild his orphanage. He
is in the process of being made a Saint in the roman Catholic Church.

Yes, free speech gets ugly. But, there are two free speech issues here. One
is the right of the owner of the car to put such a sticker on their car and
the second is your right to post a picture of in on the internet. I support
both. But, I also want to tell you that I found your picture profoundly
offensive. Posting it may be a legitimate exercise of your rights to free
speech, but I can tell you from my own experience that ti is also playing
with fire. Ugly can be fanned into very real flames all too easily?.

Barney

E-Mail: bjq1 at mac.com
Home: (301) 654-0938
Cell: (301) 775-1386