Subject: [Leica] D800E pixel-peepers
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 07:17:15 +1000

I have my Leica side participating and my D600 side lurking off list. But
these Nikons need some really good glass, however good the sensors and
camera processing, especially the noise management at high ISO's. Great
metering, features and designs and the logical choice for many types of
shots. I hate the flat, vague focus screen for manual focus after the
KatzEye one I had in my D7000. Now Rachael at KatzEye tells me that they
are finding the new high end Nikons impossible to design for.

The best Nikon 50 and the (new Tamron stabilised) 24-70 I have look OK...
until the next frame on my monitor that was shot with modern Leica M
 glass. The difference makes me weep. I think I'll sell the house and some
kidneys and just get the new S.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman