Subject: [Leica] Limestone Quarry #2
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 06:20:31 -0400

Jeffrey,

I haven't tried it yet. I had a big stock of Tmax 100 and Tmax 400 in 120
size that I just used up, so next week I am going to buy some more film. I
was thinking of getting some FP-4 and some Foma 100 to try in PMK. I used
some Foma 100, which I developed in D-76 1+1, a few years ago, but I
didn't get around to scanning it until a couple weeks ago. Once I scanned
and edited it, I was impressed with the tonality, so I want to try it now
in PMK. I used FP-4 in Rodinal in the past, and wanted to try it as well.
This Tmax 100 test in PMK impressed me too. Decisions, decisions!

I want to find one 100 speed film to stick with. I used Tmax 100 in
Rodinal for 15 years, and loved it, but more recently, I have been
scanning some stuff I did in the last few years trying more traditional
films like the Foma and the now sadly discontinued Verichrome Pan. I
hadn't had a chance to scan or print any of these films because I was too
busy juggling my insane personal life (I got custody of my son after his
mother was locked up in a psychiatric hospital by the state four years
ago, and I was also working on my MA in history, which I finished in May).
Now that my life is becoming less crazy, with me no longer in school and
my son's mother gone from his life (her choice, she hasn't seen him in
almost a year...she has been out of the hospital 3 yrs) I am scanning
these old films I shot to test them back then and finding I really like
them, a lot. I am thinking of changing from TMX, but want to try FP-4 and
Foma 100 in PMK to compare against Tmax 100 in PMK (which I find I also
like).

I am also finding that I can make gorgeous images from just about any film
I try, so all this may be a waste of time! Lol

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook