Subject: [Leica] Another MM portrait
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:00:29 +0930

>> Thanks - I tend to agree with this:
>> http://leica-users.org/v13/msg02614.html when it comes to that lens.
> Wow!  What a blast from the past!

It hardly seems like any time ago, but it's a third of my life.  The
enxt time I think about it I'll have been on the LuG half my life.

>> There are, however, a lot of photos of S jr taken with the 75 that are
>> out of focus.
> That was my experience and even more so when I switched to digital from
> film; plus I couldn't get the squirming puppies and dogs to stand still as
> well as S jr apparently does.

Yes, digital is more demanding of perfect focus; not just because you
can view the photos enlarged so much so easily, but because the sensor
has no depth, the immediate perception of softness is greater because
the resolution is so much higher when it _does_ work, and

> And I'll bet you don't even have to give her a treat or throw a squeaky
> toy in the air....

She's a wonderful model; she knows when to hold still and does it
instinctively, usually for long enough for me to get 2-3 shots (Dr Ted
would get 20!) and then she keeps going.  Shoots with her usually last
~20 minutes and I get 4-5 decent frames, but this one is my favourite
of her by far.

Marty

Message from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] Another MM portrait)
Message from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Another MM portrait)