Subject: [Leica] Marybeth
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:41:54 -0500

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM, <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Sonny Carter SHOWED:
> Subject: [Leica] Marybeth
>

>  Kathy's sister at the Cane River Grill
>>
>> http://sonc.com/look/?p=2337
>>

> Hi Sonny,
>
> Beautifull capture in the intensity of listening!!!! Making it even
> stronger in capture  by sharpness of the image separating her from the
> background that helps make her jump off the frame!
>
> Jeeesssshhhh that all sounds to techie! ;-) I should've stopped at
> LISTENING! ;-)

Thanks for looking.     For many years I was strictly a 35mm guy when
shooting film.  I just recently acquired this very nice type four Summicron
50.

It was all because of the M8.  When I got that camera, I kept on using the
35, and gradually over the several years got used to the real estate being
a bit narrower.

So when I went to the M9, I found myself cropping more and more, because  I
was used to the narrower frame.  I own a 50 dr, and I like the pictures it
makes, but I had an opportunity to do some horse-trading so I could get the
more modern optic.

I know they have a new fifty out now that costs the pledge of a kidney, but
I also know that the formula of the pre/asph is a beloved optic by many
people.

Add to this the copy I got was just about mint and has the focus tab and an
external shade, I just couldn't help myself.

Anyhow, I'm really pleased with the lens. because, "Making it even stronger
in capture  by sharpness of the image separating her from the background
that helps make her jump off the frame!"

;-)