Subject: [Leica] Rightfully ours again
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 14:31:23 +0100

No Jayanand, couldn't go at the time, as I had something else on. That said
I envy you as you really had a great photojournalistic opportunity at the
time: you saw the swansong splurge of the Celtic & many other Tigers. Many
of the people you mingled with in the Ryder Cup tents are now beggared, and
have had their helicopters and mansions repossessed. A hubris lubricated by
a "Build it and they will come" economy should shine out of the faces you
saw in the crowd. Did you take any shots at the time?

Regards
Douglas
PS I only had my hands on the cup as one of my clients was involved in a
marketing aspect of the thing at the time.