Subject: [Leica] What makes something a "technical camera"?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:44:54 -0500

On Sep 26, 2012, at 10:25 PM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> Just curious to understand the category. I'm assuming these are cameras
> that are treated much like view cameras? Have no automatic functions at
> all?

The current definition may go something like this:
A rock solid camera platform (optical bench)
which allows the use of true wide angle lenses
in combination with state-of-the-art medium format digital backs
and which has been designed
for the use of rise, fall, shift and tilt
either with or without the use of additional modules.

<http://www.captureintegration.com/tech-cameras/digital-view-camera/>

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com